|Friday, Oct 08, 2010|
|Session 1: 1-2 PM Session 2: 3-4 PM|
|illy issimo AuthentiCity Lounge - 632 Hudson Street (between Horatio and Jane St.)|
illycaffè is proud to offer Be Your Own Barista: a very special event in the illy Master Barista Series, all about understanding, enjoying and learning how to prepare the perfect espresso-based beverages.
The focus is on how to achieve barista-quality results, right at home. Along the way, demystifying the espresso-making experience, tasting the perfect espresso, and banishing a myth or two (hint: lemon peels are not on our curriculum).
• Learn coffee’s origins: from Ethiopia, to India and beyond
• Understand bean agronomy and chemistry: critical coffee expertise
• Witness “behind the bar” expert espresso preparation
• Learn what makes a perfect cappuccino, and how the experts steam milk
• Gain an appreciation for how the right equipment matters, and see what’s new
Your Host and Instructor: Giorgio Milos, Master Barista, illycaffè.
Awarded Master Barista status by the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe, Giorgio competed with the world’s top craftsmen in the World Barista Championships. With unparalleled knowledge, Giorgio is on faculty at Università del Caffè, a dedicated facility at illycaffè’s Trieste headquarters where the world’s leading restaurateurs, chefs and café owners come for master coffee training.
This exclusive event is limited to 15 guests per session
Follow Giorgio on Twitter @Giorgio_Milos